OzRunways has a small index database that updates every 28 days according to the ICAO data update cycle. This database contains waypoint, airspace and an index of maps and AIP documents. It does not contain airport plates and such.
Every time OzRunways is started, it automatically checks if a new update is available. You can see this happening when a download indicator appears on screen:
When this finishes, you will be able to select and download the new maps and AIP if available.
Please note that many countries do not update anything in most releases, so you may not notice any changes. Please refer to guides from your local regulator or air navigation service provider for their update schedules.
Go to Settings > Downloads and select the cycle you would like to download maps for. See the screenshot below - the two available cycles in this example are 2018-03-29 and 2018-04-26:
- Once the new cycle comes into effect, OzRunways will automatically use the new files.
- You cannot view any old files after the switchover.
- You can manually delete old files in Settings > Cache Management to free up disk space.
- If you don't see the correct cycle available, try pressing 'Manually Download Database' in Cache Management.
- Downloading maps/charts from nearby devices (mesh networking)
- How do I make it track-up?
- Export plan sheet to pdf, export map print page to pdf etc for iOS
- Will my iPad’s GPS work without a sim-card or a signal ?
- Can iPhone tethering (hotspot) give the iPad a GPS position? No and here is why.
- View all (51 more)