Adding a weather camera to OzRunways
If you'd like to add your weather camera to our system so it shows up on the map in Oz RWY on iOS and Android, please send an email to email@example.com with the details:
- The URL(s)
- orientation (north, south, east, west, etc.)
- Update frequency
- Hours of operation
- Owner of the camera
- Permission from the owner for the camera to be used by us.
If you're looking to create a weather camera service for your airfield you have several options:
1. Contact Ben Quinn at http://www.weathercamnetwork.com.au. He can help you setup and add your camera to the Australian Weather Cam Network. Your camera will be added to OzRunways automatically.
2. Buy a commercial solution and tell us the URLs, etc as above.
3. Build your own solution: Use an old computer or Raspberry pi, connect a (web)camera via USB and upload the images to your favorite web service. Tell us about the URL. You don't need to tell anyone else, we will do the distribution.
Note that using a digital stills camera with electronic shutter may give better results than video oriented webcams, especially at night.
- Downloading maps/charts from nearby devices (mesh networking)
- How do I make it track-up?
- Export plan sheet to pdf, export map print page to pdf etc for iOS
- Will my iPad’s GPS work without a sim-card or a signal ?
- Can iPhone tethering (hotspot) give the iPad a GPS position? No and here is why.
- View all (49 more)